Etsy is an online store platform, which is mainly characterized by the sale and purchase of handicraft products. The products sold by Etsy include artworks, clothing, jewelry and other decorative items as well as handicrafts.
Etsy official website: https://www.etsy.com/ Can not be opened in China
How does Etsy open a store:
1. To register for an Etsy account, click on the “sell on Etsy” link at the top right of the homepage. Register an Etsy seller account:
2. Set Etsy store information, select the store language, country and currency, and click Save to continue.
Note: Once the language is selected, it is set as the default language by the system, which is mainly used for product description and cannot be changed. However, after the store is activated, the seller can add other languages.
Select the country where the store is located: There are some platform tools that cannot be used in individual countries. Select the product price currency. If the seller’s bank currency is different from the store currency, a handling fee will be incurred.
3. Set Etsy store name: Set an impressive name that reflects the seller’s style. The store name must meet the following requirements:
- The length is 4-20 characters;
- No spaces or special characters;
- No profanity
- Has not been used by existing Etsy members;
- Do not infringe on the trademarks of others.
If the store name entered by the seller is already occupied, the system will give other suggested store names. The seller can choose one of the names, or rewrite a new name.
4. Upload product listing;
5. Choose the payment method, there are mainly the following options:
- Etsy Payments: It is the main payment method of etsy platform.
- Paypal: If your country/region does not meet the conditions of Etsy Payments, you can use your PayPal account to accept payments.
- Check or money order: If the seller uses postal transfer, please select “Pay by postal transfer” on the “Accepted Payments” page, and then select “Money Order” and/or “Check”. The address entered by the seller will only be shown to buyers who purchase products and choose this payment method.
- Other: Check this, that is, the seller indicates to the platform to use another method of accepting payment. Be sure to include information and instructions about payment methods in your business information and store policies.
6. Set up invoices.
Depending on the country/region, some sellers may need to enter a credit card to open a store. The main types of credit cards are: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Carte Bleue (France).
Etsy will use credit cards as a method of identity verification by sellers in certain countries/regions. The seller may see the authorization fee to verify the credit card information. Sellers can also pay bills through PayPal. In addition, sellers in Austria, Germany, and the Netherlands do not need to provide credit card verification information.
Note: Chinese ip operation is prone to problems, it is best to use foreign ip.
Etsy store opening cost:
Shelf fee: US$0.20 per product, and the product expires in four months. After each item is sold, the listing will be automatically renewed for $0.20.
Commission: 5% of the sales price is withdrawn. This does not include any shipping and taxes you may charge.
Style fee: 30 days for free use, after that, it will be charged $15 per month
Note: At the end of July 2018, Etsy’s fully open Etsy Plus subscription plan costs US$20 per month. Sellers can enjoy a 50% discount if they subscribe this year to the end of the year. Etsy Plus subscription plan, sellers can customize stores, packaging, hold promotional discount activities, etc., and can provide consumers with “restock requests” arrival notification service. In addition, sellers can get 15 free listings and Promoted Listings advertising discounts worth $5 a month. In 2019, the platform will also launch the Etsy Premium plan.
Products prohibited by Etsy:
1. Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, drug paraphernalia and medical drugs;
2. Animal products and human remains;
3. Dangerous goods: dangerous goods, recalled goods and weapons;
4. Hate projects: projects that promote, support or promote hatred;
5. Illegal items: items used in illegal activities and highly regulated items;
6. Internationally controlled items;
7. Pornographic and adult content;
8. Violent items: items that promote, support or promote violence.